January 26, 2018

I don't see what the Chinese government is worried about

Finally, I'm old enough to be shocked by the music kids are listening to these days.

Here's a rap song that's been on the Billboard's Hot 100 for 18 weeks, peaking at #1 back in December, and currently at #3: Rockstar by Post Malone.

(The video is a tad violent.)





The song's opening verses:
I've been f**king hoes and poppin' pillies
Man I feel just like a rockstar 
All my brothers got that gas and they al-
ways be smokin' like a rasta 
F**kin' with me, call up on a uzi
And show up, name them the shottas 
When my homies show up on your block they
Make that thing to gra-ta-ta-ta
To be honest, I have started to use the phrase poppin' pillies when I take my daily meds/supplements or four Advil for my arthritis.


2 Comments:

Blogger The Other Front said...

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I do like that one rap song. I was at work thinking about what to do yesterday and the line "thinking of a master plan" popped into my head. And so I Googled it and found out it was this guy Rakim who is good at rapping.

So I might look into that a bit more.

January 27, 2018 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger The Other Front said...

Most of the tracks on the first and second albums, I done those myself. No question. Back then Eric B wanted to be the businessman so I said: “OK, you can take care of business, I’m going to stick with this notebook right here, just let me know what’s poppin'” – Rakim

January 27, 2018 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home