March 31, 2017

Your vehicle, sir

So I got this car.  Consumer Reports says the BMW 3 series sucks now, so after 13 years I have to get a different kind.  


It's a good car, it's fine.  But it is somewhat...dull?  Some driver's notes from Road and Track when they drove it back in 2014:
  • David Gluckman:  This car was good when it came out in 2009, and it's still very good now. Usually, when something's on the Grim Reaper's doorstep, you can find a fault or two that need to be addressed with the next generation. I really can't here.
  • John Krewson:  If it lacks some of the bells, whistles, open-grain wood, and staggering power of bigger Audis, that's okay. You don't notice. You're too busy not being bothered while the car just plain works.
  • Alex Kierstein:  It's fast, it's comfortable. It has a highly competent automatic and a great interior design. The seats are fantastic. It looks pretty sharp. Why can't I get all that excited about it? 
The morning after I got it, I was tossing and turning, as my subconscious tried to tell me something...something....

A hat.  I was thinking of a hat.  What hat? I asked my semiconscious self, as I tossed and turned.  What hat?!

Then it dawned on me.

This hat:

"You have chosen well."

I had purchased the Joubert-mobile.  If he were real and here today, this is exactly the car Joubert would drive, although he might think the S-Line badging a little too distinctive.

I wonder where I can get a plaid jacket and hat like that.


And then I just need a Mauser C96 for the trunk...


3 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

I eagerly await JAB's comments.

April 1, 2017 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger VMM said...

IMHO, Joubert would exactly drive a Mercedes.

April 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger The Other Front said...

Those things break down a lot and are expensive to fix. My car is reliable and cheap to fix because all the mechanicals are Volkswagen. Anyway, an oil pump or something would fail on Joubert's car and then he would have to liquidate the design team and switch to my car.

April 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home