October 25, 2016

Cine-Notes

About six months ago my family embarked on an experiment in which we agreed, once a week, to watch a movie together.  Since these are family events, we have a somewhat limited range in the kinds of movies we watch.  At a certain level I'd enjoy the opportunity to share Beast Cops with the family, but I think there are laws against that kind of thing.  If there aren't, there should be.

Anyway, it's gone better than I expected.  Key findings so far:

  • Artistic achievement:  Kubo and the Two Strings
  • I am alone here award:  I enjoyed The Prisoner of Zenda, but my family hated everything about it and blame me.
  • Best superhero fight:  Civil War, brilliant, ridiculous, Spiderman steals the show...just like a real comic book.
  • Best superhero movie:  The Winter Soldier.
  • Best Star Trek movie:  Star Trek Beyond.
  • Not as bad as I feared:  Secret Life of Pets.  I was braced for two hours of pain, but that bunny is  awesome!  I love that bunny!
  • Biggest meh:  Zootopia is gorgeous, well-crafted, well-acted.  But I feel like I should have liked it more than I did.  Too preachy?  Too goody goody?  I loved the Bob and Ray tribute, however.
  • Others:  As noted previously, Robin Hood and Shaolin Soccer are awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Best of luck, I pray this wont' tear your family apart.

October 25, 2016 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home